Posts tagged Sports App
Porpoiseful Apps today is pleased to announce that Tennis Score Tracker has reached a milestone in maturity. Feature requests and suggestions from many users are incorporated into this application over the past year. Bug fixes and various other improvements also exist in the app providing for a solid product.
Keeping score in tennis is very simple using this app. In just a few taps the match timer starts and scoring begins. If playing a tennis match users can set the score mode to game-by-game so that the score is updated during changeovers. If observing a tennis match users can set the score mode to point-by-point, scoring matches in the standard way. Scores can be sent via email or text message, or posted to facebook. Matches can be suspended for later play if needed. A player roster, with details such as notes and player ratings, integrates with your existing contacts as an option.
Locations of tennis matches can be displayed in a map view so that over time users can see where matches were played, and to view previous matches based on location. Locations are displayed during match play based on location name, coordinates as latitude and longitude, or coordinates as degrees, minutes, and seconds, selectable by the user.
We also offer a “blue themed” version of Tennis Score Tracker, with all of the same great features.
* Score several match types (singles, doubles, Australian, Canadian)
* Game-by-game scoring for players
* Point-by-point scoring for observers
* Post match scores to facebook
* Send text or email with scores to players
* View historical match data
* Ability to suspend matches during play
* Supports Pro sets (for junior tournaments)
* Supports a variety of tiebreaks
* Edit historical matches or matches during play
* Match timer keeps track of match time
* Choose from one, three, or five sets
* Stores player detail with ratings, handedness, etc.
* US English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 3.5 Mb
Pricing and Availability:
Tennis Score Tracker 2.1.0 (and Blue Theme) are available for $1.99, exclusively through the App Store on iTunes, in the Sports category. Educational discounts are available for participating schools and universities.
This NFL Playoff season, football enthusiasts can replace the Paper and Pen “Squares” betting sheets of old with the high-tech option of the Football Squares Plus App for the iPad. Squares sheets are a traditional Playoff and Super Bowl activity at viewing parties and in the office, and this app offers an interactive, paper-free solution.
Football Squares Plus offers participants the use of touch to configure sheets, buy squares, filter on names, and select the winning scores. Copies of completed sheets may be distributed via a built-in email generator. Participants can also include a picture in each of their on-screen squares with an optional in-app purchase.
Sheets may be configured in a number of ways, including the traditional 10 X 10 grid with scores for each quarter, half, or just the final score. Advanced options include 5 X 5 grids, entire playoff match-ups instead of the standard two-team sheet, and customized scoring labels for uses.
The purchasing of squares can be enhanced with a field for the sheet maker to describe the cost of entry, as well as the prize structure. Sheet makers can password-protect the sheet to prevent unwanted changes from participants.
Users can save and retain all their sheets, and email the data file to other Football Squares Plus owners.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 9.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Football Squares Plus 2.1 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
JAS Applications today is very excited to announce the release of the latest update for their popular iOS App iLambo. If you love cool cars, this is definitely the app for you. iLambo 4.0 is the most comprehensive guide to Lamborghini Cars in the App Store with over 1000 HD Images and Videos. View every single model since the original 1963 350 GTV to the current 2011 range including famous models such as the Miura, Islero, Murcielago, Gallardo and Aventador.
The App launches with the 15 different Lamborghinis in an easy to use table. Simply tap on the car you want to view and another table is brought up to show the different variants of that model. Tap on the variant and then the images are brought up onto the screen. Slide or use buttons to scroll through the images and you can even save an image to your iOS Device’s photo library so you can set it as your device’s wallpaper.
You can also view information about that particular car including:
* Top Speed
* Horse Power
* 350 GT
* 400 GT
* Concept Cars
* iPhone, iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 84 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iLambo 4.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Mooee has created GolfSites, one of the most advanced Golf GPS App for the iPhone. With its Ball Path Tracking feature, it surpasses most stand alone Golf GPS devices and iPhone Apps. The best thing is it’s very easy to use. It is designed by golfers for golfers.
GolfSites has all the bells and whistles of similar Golf GPS Apps plus it has something others don’t – Ball Path Tracking. By pressing your stroke button every time you hit a ball, GolfSites will remember where you’ve hit, and will show you your ball paths at the end of the game. You can even e-mail the ball path to show your friends your best hole of the day.
“GPS electronics … have been around, but none with such ease of use as GolfSites” – excerpted from Golf Magazine (Asia Edition)
“The most attractive feature of GolfSites is capturing the information necessary to improve your game” – HK Golfer
With its Location Scoring System, Golfsites makes it easy for you to use this App. All you need is hit your ball, press a button, hit a ball, press a button and so on. All your scores will be recorded, statistics and location captured. No need to remember where you hit and how to use the scoring part of the App.
No Internet connection or data roaming required during play. GolfSites is created with multi-Country playing in mind. If you travel to another country to play golf, you just pre-download the course at home and you can have all the information (including aerial and GPS) during play. No need to pay for expensive data roaming while you play.
* Courses for GolfSites. Thousands of courses worldwide. You pay for the course you want. All courses are done by experienced golfers and not by computers
* Marker Distances. GolfSites provides distances to different key markers on the golf course
* Ball Path Tracking
* Location Scoring System
* No data roaming necessary during play
* Statistics. Golf clubs’ full swing average distance, GIR, FIR, putts performance, scoring averages, recovery performances
* Simplified layup, there’s a radar overlay of 50 yards increment, you can spot which is the perfect location for your next shot
* Stableford Scoring. Calculates your Stableford points during play
* Pay as you go. You can purchase as many courses as you want, the App comes with 5 golf clubs. If you need more, you can use the In-App Purchase to buy more at $0.99 USD per golf club
* Designs in the App allow easy viewing under intense sunlight
* iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
* iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
* 17.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GolfSites 2.0 is $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Kaiser & Kaiser today is pleased to introduce sprintTimer 1.0 for iPhone 4 and 3Gs, their timer and photo finish app that employs the same techniques as the professional equipment used at the Olympics. The user starts the timer and points the camera towards the finish line. sprintTimer will then build an image of narrow slices of the finish line, each representing 0.03 seconds in time. Users can then scroll along the photo to read the exact elapsed time for each competitor as they cross the finish line with a resolution of 0.01 s. The app also includes an automatic, motion controlled lap timer. Because it relies for its operation on a built-in video camera and a fast processor, the app is presently compatible only with iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPad 2, and iPod touch 4.
Operation of sprintTimer in the Photo Finish mode involves a simple setup procedure. The app functions in portrait orientation, and the user must first choose the direction of the race, moving across the screen from left to right or vice versa. Next, the user has three choices of how to start the camera: Motion, Manual, and Time. Motion starts the camera automatically upon detection of motion in a selected field of view. Manual permits the user to push a button to start the camera seconds before the race is won. And Time automatically starts the camera a predetermined number of seconds after the timer is started. The recording may be set to run for two, four, or six seconds. Longer record times would require more memory and processing power than the iPhone 4 currently offers.
An alignment guide allows placement of the camera centered over the finish line. Once still image recording starts, the camera takes a succession of pictures. Each picture is a small vertical slice of the entire frame, so that each picture is 100% tall but only 10 – 20% wide. The final horizontally scrollable image is a composite of many slices that together form a single, wide image. The width of each slice is user adjustable to obtain optimal results under varying conditions. The Mark button will insert a thin vertical line anywhere along the finished photo, so as the user scrolls horizontally, they may mark and display on a digital readout the exact finish time for each runner.
Since sprintTimer relies on a manual start, it cannot be used to set any official records. However, it offers far greater accuracy and versatility than the best digital stopwatch. All recordings may be saved or deleted. sprintTimer can be used for athletics, horse racing, greyhound racing, cycling, speed skating, car racing, rowing, etc.
sprintTimer has several advantages over a manual stopwatch:
* One person can time several runners, cars, etc.
* Higher accuracy than a stopwatch
* Easier to determine the order of finishers
* Gives the time difference between competitors with high accuracy
* The image and the results can be saved
* Can operate “hands free” when started
“sprintTimer will surprise coaches, athletes, and sports enthusiasts with its remarkable versatility,” stated company Owner, Sten Kaiser. “Easy to setup and operate, its comparable to carrying a large, expensive photo finish camera in your pocket.”
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (video camera equipped)
* Compatible with iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPad 2, and iPod touch 4
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
sprintTimer 1.0 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Simply Dusty Apps today is pleased to announce the release of Golf Shot Distance 1.0 for iPhone and iPad 3G. Determining how far you hit the golf ball can now be done quickly, easily, and accurately. By using the built in GPS of the iPhone or iPad 3G, there is no longer a need to search for yard markers or sprinkler heads only to get only an approximation of how far the shot went.
* Quick and Easy – As you walk to the tee box, simply press the Start button to set the position. After you crush that drive and get to the ball in the fairway, press the End button and the shot’s distance will be quickly calculated and displayed.
* Accurate – Distances are accurate due to the built in GPS
* Meters or Yards – Distances can be shown in either meters or yards. Even after a shot distance was saved, users still have the option of moving between the two measurements and getting the accurate distance
* Custom Names – Each golfer can have their own name set from the options tab. This is helpful when saving shots and viewing averages
* Save Distances – Shot distances can be saved for later viewing. With an upgrade, users can view all of the saved distances with that golfer’s name with the ability to sort the list alphabetically by name or by descending distances
* Averages – Included with the Save Shot upgrade, users can view the average shot distance for every golfer. Averages can be sorted alphabetically by golfer name or descending by furthest distance
* Entire Foursome – With an upgrade, users can calculate independent shot distances for up to four golfers. By swiping the golfer nameleft or right, users can move between the different golfers. This is a terrific way to add competition to every golf round
* iPhone, iPad 3G
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 1.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Golf Shot Distance 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.