Posts tagged San Francisco
Apple has just announced that WWDC, their Developer conference, will be held June 11-15 in San Francisco. Tickets are $1599 and are on sale now.
Last year WWDC sold out in hours so if you want to go you need to jump on it.
You can get all of the information about WWDC at this link
[Update] - WWDC 2012 is sold out! It took less than 2 hours.
Next Wednesday will be a big day for Apple users, fanboys and of course us bloggers! Apple has sent out the invitations for their event in San Francisco and based on the graphic that came with the invitations, it is safe to assume that we will see at least one product launch, likely the iPad 3. Here is an overview of what I expect to see next Wednesday from Apple. Be sure to leave your comments and let me know what you think!
iPad 3 – Chance of Release: 100%
To me, this is pretty much a given. The image coming with the invitations show an iPad-type device and it has by far been the largest rumor floating for months. Some of the indicators though are fact: Best Buy has dropped prices on the iPad 2 and inventories around the world are reported to be getting low.
- Retina Display: 100% All indications point to a Retina Display on the iPad 3
- Longer Battery Life: 95% Apple tends to improve battery life with each iteration of a device. This one should be not different, especially if it has…
- LTE: 50% I’m not sold this will happen because the networks from Verizon and AT&T here in the States are just not ready to handle the onslaught of data iPad 3 users would unleash. The other problem is that all indications are that the iPad 3 will be available almost immediately. If the iPad 3 has LTE antennas then it would have to go through FCC approval – which is public. To this point we have seen nothing to indicate that has happened yet. The only way LTE is going to be in the iPad 3 is if the release is at least a quarter away.
- Improved Cameras: 100% It would be a big disappointment not to see the cameras improved in the iPad given how lackluster the current iPad 2 cameras are quality wise
- Siri: 80% I’m not so sure this is a lock item. Siri has been good but not great and it is still technically listed as being in Beta.
The event will take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco at 10:00 AM PST on Wednesday, March 7th. The tagline for the event is
We have something you really have to see. And touch.
While no specific details about what will be discussed were given in the invitations, it is widely expected that the next generation of iPad, dubbed the iPad 3, will be announced. The rumors state that this will be a LTE device with a faster processor, faster graphics and a Retina display. There are also plenty of rumors swirling around an Apple Television and/or a refresh of the “hobby” project, Apple TV.
I will have a full review of the events on the 7th and will be doing live updates via Twitter (@alliosnews)