Posts tagged Formula 1
With the Formula 1 season just 24 days away, the teams new cars and drivers announced and the second pre-season test going on at Barcelona, it is becoming an exciting time of the year for us F1 fans. The single best app for fans to follow the sport in real time during a race or get up-to-date news is the Soft Pauer F1 2013 Timing App and it has just received a minor update that brings new features and improvements.
The update, version 5.101 for those keeping score, brings Twitter posts from the Formula 1 drivers to the app so you can see what they are talking about on the social network from within the app itself. Other improvements are around scoring information, speed trap information and historical tyre information for the drivers. Here is a complete rundown of the
updates from the Release Notes
- All times now to 3 decimal places
- Page 1 screen (Scroll landscape to right)
- Full speed trap information for all drivers
- Perfect lap shown at top right of page 1
- New tyre information display. Historical tyres now shown with number of laps.
- Solid colour tyres are new on, black means used.
- Twitter integration – view driver tweets in app.
- App’s Twitter feed is a list in twitter, which can be customized as you like.
- Optionally during live races you can display tweets
- Lots of UI tweaks – Landscape mode now fully functional on phone.
F1 2013 Timing App is $33.99 in the App Store and it is a universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. This app will give you live race information (and the ability to go back and replay a race) throughout the entire 2013 19-race season. If you are a Formula 1 fan, this is the must have app.