Web Information Solutions introduces an update to the award-winning iOS application, Pocket Informant Pro 3.0, which offers complete integration of Calendar, Tasks, Notes and Contacts. The concept is simple: bring together everything about your day into one location, allow users to customize virtually every part of the app, and make it beautiful and easy to use. The new version, Version 3.0, brings tons of new features as well as existing features made even better.
So what exactly is is that has been added? What makes this so “ground-breaking”?
* Better Looking: It’s simpler, easier to use and just clear. In fact, that’s what it’s called: Clear. In Pocket Informant 3, you are given more control over what elements you would like to enable or hide, so that you can focus on the data that matters to you the most. All of this power is now wrapped up in the best looking interface yet.
* More Natural: Just create a new task or event and type (or use iOS voice dictation to say) phrases like “Coffee with Mom
every Tuesday at 6am” or “Lunch with Bob next Friday”. Pocket Informant will understand and set your event accordingly. Currently, only available for English.
* Richer Notes: Now enjoy a full featured rich text editor when taking notes in Pocket Informant. Change fonts, styles, sizes, colors or make bulleted or ordered lists – it’s all there.
* There For You, Rain or Shine: Now as you look out over your upcoming events, check the forecast at the same time. Add the weather forecast to any calendar view and show the current conditions in the Today tab (weather is provided by Weather Underground and is available as an in-app purchase)
* Today – Fully Customized: The Today view is a favorite for so many people. All the events & tasks you care about Today in one simple place. If you liked it before, you’ll love it now. Pocket Informant 3 lets you reorder your Today View sections, turn any section you want on or off, and perhaps the most exciting addition: Add any of your custom Smart Filters to the Today Tab.
* Checklists: Sure, Pocket Informant has always been there for you to take meeting notes, schedule events, organize your tasks…but what about your lists of stuff? When you go grocery shopping or maybe you’re packing for a trip – what’s the best way to track the list of stuff for that task? Checklists, of course.
* Smarter Projects: Now you can set due dates on your projects, set your projects to automatically complete, set a project template, and you can change how each project automatically does (or does not) handle your “next actions”. Smarter indeed.
* Evernote: So, there’s this cool little app out there called Evernote. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Yeah, so have we. And now, you can sync your Evernote notebooks, tags, notes, and attachments with Pocket Informant. The fun isn’t stopping there because we’ve got support for “stacks” coming right around the corner as well. (Note: Evernote to dos and tables aren’t supported just yet)
There are many more features and improvements that have been added as well; there are just too many to list. We encourage you to take a look for yourself, and see how Pocket Informant Pro can benefit you!
“I was blown away with how easily I could glance at the Month View and seriously evaluate everything that I’ve got going on this month,” says Perry Brauner of GearDiary online. “This is something that you’re not able to do with iOS’s built-in calendar app.”
“This is the biggest release we have ever had. I can’t wait to see the reaction of people when they download version 3 and use the incredible new interface,” says Alex Kac, Founder and CEO of Web Information Solutions. “We have seen more excitement from our testing groups than I have ever seen before. I am sure our customers will love it!”
Pocket Informant Pro 3.0 a Universal App and is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
iCarMode announces a 50% price reduction on iCarMode 2.7, for a limited time, starting May 1, 2013. The app enables users to use their iPhone safely while driving. iCarMode contains the major features needed to ease and improve the iPhone-Car experience.
* Big buttoned music player – iCarMode includes Big buttoned music player to safely and comfortably access your music
* Quick dialup to your contacts – iCarMode also includes quick dialup to your favorite contacts, so you don’t have to browse them again & again in the address book
* Easy access to your favorite GPS app – Easy access to your favorite GPS app, including: TomTom, Navigon, Waze, iGo and many more
* Well designed phone keypad – Well designed phone keypad with access to your iPhone’s full addresbook
* Parked car finder – Forgot where you left your car? iCarMode will help you find your parked car
* Parking meter reminder – iCarMode will also remind you when your parking meter timer is about to finish
* Places nearby helper – Your car is parked. what did you have in mind? coffee? the nearest ATM? this feature, powered by Google places, will help you out
* Shortcut to your favorite app – iCarMode has also room for your favorite app shortcut, now supports: Pandora, Shazam, TuneIn Radio and more
iCarMode 2.7, normally $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), will be available at 50% off for a limited time starting May 18th, 2013, and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
The Phone app in iOS 6 is pretty darn smart. Sure it can dial numbers and it makes taking or placing a phone call quick and easy. But it also handles your contacts who have extension numbers equally as easily. If you use your iPhone in your business, chances are you have a contact or two that has an extension off of the company’s main number. In this How To I will show you how to setup the contact so that the Phone app dials the contact and the extension number.
First, go to the contact on your iPhone that you need to add an extension to for calling them. For their work number, tap
it to modify it so you can enter the number. After the main number is entered for them, tap the +*# button in the lower left of the dial pad. This brings you a sub-menu where you can add a pause, wait, add an star (asterisk) or pound (hash). Press the Pause button then enter the extension of your contact. You can also press Wait and enter the extension.
What’s the difference? A pause is represented by a , (comma) in the phone number string while a wait is represented by a ; (semicolon) in the number string. A pause waits two seconds after the call is connected and then starts automatically dialing the extension. A wait literally waits for you to press the Dial button once the call is connected. Which one you need will really depend on the person you are calling and the PBX you are calling into. Most contemporary solutions allow for both a pause and wait when dailing into them.
Using the Pause or Wait function is handing for contacts with extensions but it is also great for calling into standing conferences you may have each week. For example, you could create a contact with the conference information of your weekly calls then use the pause or wait feature to dial the conference bridge number after the main number has been called. What it won’t do in this scenario is enter a PIN or other security feature. It will get you to the proper conference, just not necessarily in it straight away.
For more How To’s, visit the How To’s page here at AlliOSNews
Independent developer, Antons Zaicevs, introduces History Of Painting 1.0 for iOS. Users will explore the evolution of painting, meet the greatest painters, touch their most famous pictures, and learn the history and highlights of each painting style. With the awesome user interface, app users will feel like they are in the real art gallery.
Painting is the most beautiful form of art. The history of painting reaches back in time to artifacts from pre-historic humans, and spans all cultures. It represents a continuous, though periodically disrupted tradition from Antiquity. Across cultures, and spanning continents and millennia, the history of painting is an ongoing river of creativity, that continues
into the 21st century. Until the early 20th century it relied primarily on representational, religious and classical motifs, after which time more purely abstract and conceptual approaches gained favor.
* Learn all main painting styles like: Renaissance, Mannerism, Rococo, Baroque, Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Realism and Modern
* 39 most famous painters are waiting you: Leonardo Da Vinci, Sandro Botticelli, Rafael, Titian, Rubens, Rembrandt, Velasquez, Boucher, Watteau, Delacroix, Turner, Aivazovsky, Brullov, Goya, Chardin, Daumier, Repin, Shiskin, Dali, Monet, Manet, Picasso, Van Gogh and others
* More than 150 paintings with fullscreen mode for exploring every detail
* Detailed description and history of each style with highlights of its main features
* Travel thru centuries of history to learn to determine the style of the pictures by yourself
History Of Painting 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
eBay has done some serious updates to their iPhone and iPad apps to give you a better user experience both using the app as well as purchasing through the app. The updates come to the two separate eBay apps in the App Store, one for iPhone and iPod Touch while the other is for the iPad and iPad Mini.
The new 3.0.0 version of eBay for iPhone brings a new look and feel to the UI including the ability to tap on a photo to see a larger view of the item you are bidding on through the service. Users can now also make multiple item purchases at once – if you are in the United States or the United Kingdom. Selling support has also come to Spain for the first time.
Here is a run down of all the changes:
- New and improved look and feel
- Checkout multiple items at a time with the new eBay Shopping Cart (US and UK only)
- Tap the grid icon at the top of search results to see larger photos (iOS 6 required)*
- Scan your drivers license for fast and easy eBay registration (available in select US states)
- Improved last minute bidding
- Selling support for Spain
- Many bug fixes and enhancements
It is important to note that this update does require you to be running iOS 5 or greater on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
For iPad users, the eBay for iPad app was bumped up to version 2.3.0 and it includes many of the same features but also brings some significant updates for sellers on the service. Effectively, with the changes made in this update, a seller on eBay could almost exclusively use their iPad to create and start an auction. It’s pretty impressive and most definitely Post-PC!
- Buy multiple items with Shopping Cart
- Improved photo picker in selling flow
- Faster checkout remembers your PayPal ID
- Photos in search results look even better
New for Sellers:
- Attach multiple photos at once from your photo library
- Easily crop and adjust photos
- Buyer’s name now shown in grid view for quick reference
- Easier to select shipping options in SYI
- “Sell One Like This” button easier to find
- Access your listing drafts right from your homescreen
- View your feedback received on View Item
Improvements for Buyers:
- Easily filter seller feedback by positive, neutral, and negative
- New “Search By Best Offer” items option
- Your Max Bid now included on View Item
- Always want New items with Free shipping? Set your default “Search Preferences” options in settings
Both eBay for iPhone and eBay for iPad are free apps and are available in the App Store.
My personal favourite version of Angry Birds is Angry Birds Seasons and it has been updated for the Spring. The new update brings 36 all new levels along with all new power ups and portals. The release notes cover all of the changes and updates you get with the release:
Abra-Ca-Bacon! It’s a beautiful spring night, and the bad piggies have learned some magic tricks — and the first one is making the eggs disappear! Not to worry, the Angry Birds have something up their sleeve… like the all new MAGIC
- 36 all new magical levels!
- PORTALS: introducing new gameplay that lets you magically transport within the level!
- New power-up: AllakaBAM – the exploding magic box!
- Brand new topsy-turvy carnival theme filled with clown pigs, magic hats, and plenty of surprises!
Angry Birds Seasons is not a universal app so you if you haven’t purchased it yet, it is .99 Cents for the iPhone version and $1.99 for the iPad HD version. If you have downloaded it, the update is now in the App Store. There are a lot of in-app purchases but fortunately they are not required to solve all the levels.
During the Google I/O event yesterday, a new Google Maps for iOS was discussed and shown that will bring dramatic improvements to the application. While not expected until this summer, the new Google Maps will offer key new features as well as a simplified user interface for both iPhone and iPad.
From a feature perspective, the new Google Maps will bring real-time traffic, dynamic re-routing based on that traffic and integrated reviews from Zagat. Google made it clear that the new version will be for both iPhone and iPad meaning that the UI for the iPad should be optimised for the platform.
In addition, the new Google Maps will introduce a new service call Offers. It will pop up offers near your location. Starbucks was specifically mentioned in the keynote although other companies will undoubtedly be onboard before the release.
The new Google Maps UI will also be brought to the desktop version of the service which will bring up search locations embedded as overlays to the maps, not a separate search area.
The currently Google Maps app for iPhone is free and is available in the App Store.
SleepBot LLC today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of SleepBot for iOS. SleepBot, the critically acclaimed sleep cycle tracker and smart alarm and is finally available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch! Featured in WIRED, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Mashable, and more!
SleepBot is an intuitive smart alarm and beautiful sleep cycle tracker that lets you record movements and sounds throughout the night. Customize how you want to sleep and wake up gently each morning during your lightest sleep
phase. Listen to soothing ambient soundtracks as you fall asleep.
SleepBot is the most complete sleep tracker, smart alarm, and ambient sound machine in the App Store:
* Smart wake up: Gradual alarm based on movements and noise within 30 minutes before first alarm
* Multiple alarms capability: Only smart alarm that lets you set multiple alarms as alerts or precautions
* Movement tracking: Adjustable sensitivity, easily compare with sound graphs
* Sound tracking: Detailed sound graphs let you play back noise with a tap
* 10 custom designed alarm soundtracks designed for Smart Wake-up
* Background mode: sleep tracking continues even in the background
* Long-term Trend graphs: length, sleep/wake times, pattern for sleep quality over time
* Statistics: Analyze any time range to see sleep debt, average sleep, etc.
* Ambient Noise: Soothing soundtracks to help you gently fall asleep
* Sleep Help: Find out how to fall asleep or stay awake from quick action lists
* Automatic Sync: backup and restore sleep data, and view it online
* Export: Share sleep entries, graphs, and stats as images or csv
SleepBot is recognized by the United States National Institute of Health and the National Academy of Engineering. Simple to use and understand, SleepBot utilizes the most accurate tracking algorithm of any sleep app on the App Store (dare to compare to any application on iOS or Android).
SleepBot 1.0 for iOS is free and available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store in the Health & Fitness category. SleepBot will only work on iOS 5.0+ devices.
Global Delight today released a major update to their iPhone camera app, Camera Plus Pro. The update has a number of new exciting additions in the photo and video sharing options, instant saving to the device’s default library and user interface changes.
Camera Plus Pro has great photo capture controls and photo editing features to make everyday photos look beautiful and professional. With this new update, Camera Plus Pro users can share their photos to Instagram and Tumblr. The app allows users to share their filtered and creative time-lapse videos on Tumblr.
Camera Plus Pro excels over the stock camera on the iPhone and iPod touch because of its great photo & video shooting
controls like anti-shake for non-blurry photos, countdown timer, touch-to-snap, separate exposure and white balance lock, video zoom and more. These beautiful photos and videos can now be saved directly to Camera Roll, previewed or shared instantly.
The app now sports a new share user interface. The videos can be uploaded at 640×480 (480p) resolution to YouTube, Facebook and Tumblr.
Camera Plus Pro is a simple yet professional quality camera app for shooting, beautifying and sharing great photos & videos on the iPhone and iPod touch. Camera Plus Pro has great photo & video shooting controls, photo editing features, gorgeous collection of photo filters, some unique features like password protection of photos and videos, and time-lapse videos and instant sharing to the popular sites.
Camera Plus Pro 4.6 can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store for just $1.99 (USD), and all the features can be enjoyed on an iPhone 5, 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 5 and iPod touch with camera.
The swedish company MindApps has developed a great tool to get started with meditation and with the vision: To make the whole world to discover meditation! The Mindfulness App 1.6.1 is a tool for everyone to increase their awareness in life. It helps the user with the most difficult aspect of Mindfulness practice – namely to remember to be mindful.
Meditation has many effects that makes practitioners more harmonious people and more open to the world around them.
It is scientifically proven that meditation improves sleep, results in better relationships, stronger immune system and
greater self-awareness. It reduces feelings of stress, whilst at the same time it makes us more effective. In other words meditation improves overall quality of life, as well as the ability to succeed at everyday life and overcome negative thoughts.
It’s easy to get started with The Mindfulness App and regular meditation does not need not be particularly time consuming. Shorter meditations more often is better than longer meditations more seldom and scientific studies have shown that positive effects of meditation are noticeable in the body only after a few weeks of 20 minutes regular meditation.
Brief about the app:
* There are different types of meditations in the app that suits the moment best – for example if one has some time in the subway, on the bus, in a queue or just want to sit for a while
* By setting reminders at times, days and locations of choice a message will appear on the screen when it’s time to meditate
* The meditations are voice guided by an authorized mindfulness teacher but there are also an option to meditate in silence with bells ringing at different times
* There is also an option for users to design a custom meditation for a specified amount of time
* Completed meditations are stored in the statistics section for the possibility to follow how the meditation practice is developing over time
* Through the Mindfulness App users can “call themselves up” from time to time to check whether you really are there
* The Mindfulness app is a great tool for everyone who wants to become more present in their life, both beginners and more experienced practitioners
The Mindfulness App 1.6.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.