The popular note taking application & service Evernote has released an update for iOS and Mac OS X that brings several new features, the highlight of which is Reminders.
The new update, which is available now in the App Store and the Mac App Store, now allows for users to add a reminder to any note to help with task management. The idea is to keep reminders associated with notes in one app rather than
having to set reminders to do tasks in another app such as Reminders.
The other big feature in this update is support for XAuth which allows you to view all of the applications that have access to your Evernote account. This is done via Evernote Web Settings on your account.
The full Release Notes cover other updates:
Reminders: Never forget important and in-progress notes
• Adding a reminder pins the note to the top of your note list
• Add a due date to receive in-app and email notifications
• Mark notes as Done when you complete them
Enhanced security with XAuth
• View all applications that access your account from Evernote Web Settings
Business: toggle between personal and business tags in the tag view
Numerous bug fixes, including:
• Fix for an issue causing certain large notes to duplicate on sync
• Fix for several offline search issues
Evernote is a free app in both the App Store and the Mac App Store. It is an iOS Universal app for both iPhone and iPad. Premium services are available which include the ability to view notes offline, larger file transfers and file sizes plus searching within attached PDFs, Office documents and iWork documents. Premium services are $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year and can be purchased via an in-app purchase.
The once dead now resurrected Twitter for Mac has just received a significant update and is available in the Mac App Store. The new update brings support for Notification Center. According to the Release Notes:
Notification Center integration: receive notifications when someone mentions you or when you receive a
Direct Message. You can configure this from the app’s Preferences window.
This is the second significant update it Twitter for Mac has received in the last few weeks after being literally left for dead. I’m glad to see the updates although the app still has a ways to go in many ways.
Other updates included in this release:
* Fix for Growl notifications not working in Lion and Mountain Lion
* Fix for bug that prevented un-favoriting tweets
* Fix for missing account switcher in composer
* Fix for error message when posting a tweet with a pasted image
* Fix for enlarged avatar when dragging a tweet into an email
* Fixes for crashes and various other bugs
Twitter for Mac is a free update and a free app and is available in the Mac App Store
Web Information Solutions introduces an update to the award-winning iOS application, Pocket Informant Pro 3.0, which offers complete integration of Calendar, Tasks, Notes and Contacts. The concept is simple: bring together everything about your day into one location, allow users to customize virtually every part of the app, and make it beautiful and easy to use. The new version, Version 3.0, brings tons of new features as well as existing features made even better.
So what exactly is is that has been added? What makes this so “ground-breaking”?
* Better Looking: It’s simpler, easier to use and just clear. In fact, that’s what it’s called: Clear. In Pocket Informant 3, you are given more control over what elements you would like to enable or hide, so that you can focus on the data that matters to you the most. All of this power is now wrapped up in the best looking interface yet.
* More Natural: Just create a new task or event and type (or use iOS voice dictation to say) phrases like “Coffee with Mom
every Tuesday at 6am” or “Lunch with Bob next Friday”. Pocket Informant will understand and set your event accordingly. Currently, only available for English.
* Richer Notes: Now enjoy a full featured rich text editor when taking notes in Pocket Informant. Change fonts, styles, sizes, colors or make bulleted or ordered lists – it’s all there.
* There For You, Rain or Shine: Now as you look out over your upcoming events, check the forecast at the same time. Add the weather forecast to any calendar view and show the current conditions in the Today tab (weather is provided by Weather Underground and is available as an in-app purchase)
* Today – Fully Customized: The Today view is a favorite for so many people. All the events & tasks you care about Today in one simple place. If you liked it before, you’ll love it now. Pocket Informant 3 lets you reorder your Today View sections, turn any section you want on or off, and perhaps the most exciting addition: Add any of your custom Smart Filters to the Today Tab.
* Checklists: Sure, Pocket Informant has always been there for you to take meeting notes, schedule events, organize your tasks…but what about your lists of stuff? When you go grocery shopping or maybe you’re packing for a trip – what’s the best way to track the list of stuff for that task? Checklists, of course.
* Smarter Projects: Now you can set due dates on your projects, set your projects to automatically complete, set a project template, and you can change how each project automatically does (or does not) handle your “next actions”. Smarter indeed.
* Evernote: So, there’s this cool little app out there called Evernote. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Yeah, so have we. And now, you can sync your Evernote notebooks, tags, notes, and attachments with Pocket Informant. The fun isn’t stopping there because we’ve got support for “stacks” coming right around the corner as well. (Note: Evernote to dos and tables aren’t supported just yet)
There are many more features and improvements that have been added as well; there are just too many to list. We encourage you to take a look for yourself, and see how Pocket Informant Pro can benefit you!
“I was blown away with how easily I could glance at the Month View and seriously evaluate everything that I’ve got going on this month,” says Perry Brauner of GearDiary online. “This is something that you’re not able to do with iOS’s built-in calendar app.”
“This is the biggest release we have ever had. I can’t wait to see the reaction of people when they download version 3 and use the incredible new interface,” says Alex Kac, Founder and CEO of Web Information Solutions. “We have seen more excitement from our testing groups than I have ever seen before. I am sure our customers will love it!”
Pocket Informant Pro 3.0 a Universal App and is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
eBay has done some serious updates to their iPhone and iPad apps to give you a better user experience both using the app as well as purchasing through the app. The updates come to the two separate eBay apps in the App Store, one for iPhone and iPod Touch while the other is for the iPad and iPad Mini.
The new 3.0.0 version of eBay for iPhone brings a new look and feel to the UI including the ability to tap on a photo to see a larger view of the item you are bidding on through the service. Users can now also make multiple item purchases at once – if you are in the United States or the United Kingdom. Selling support has also come to Spain for the first time.
Here is a run down of all the changes:
- New and improved look and feel
- Checkout multiple items at a time with the new eBay Shopping Cart (US and UK only)
- Tap the grid icon at the top of search results to see larger photos (iOS 6 required)*
- Scan your drivers license for fast and easy eBay registration (available in select US states)
- Improved last minute bidding
- Selling support for Spain
- Many bug fixes and enhancements
It is important to note that this update does require you to be running iOS 5 or greater on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
For iPad users, the eBay for iPad app was bumped up to version 2.3.0 and it includes many of the same features but also brings some significant updates for sellers on the service. Effectively, with the changes made in this update, a seller on eBay could almost exclusively use their iPad to create and start an auction. It’s pretty impressive and most definitely Post-PC!
- Buy multiple items with Shopping Cart
- Improved photo picker in selling flow
- Faster checkout remembers your PayPal ID
- Photos in search results look even better
New for Sellers:
- Attach multiple photos at once from your photo library
- Easily crop and adjust photos
- Buyer’s name now shown in grid view for quick reference
- Easier to select shipping options in SYI
- “Sell One Like This” button easier to find
- Access your listing drafts right from your homescreen
- View your feedback received on View Item
Improvements for Buyers:
- Easily filter seller feedback by positive, neutral, and negative
- New “Search By Best Offer” items option
- Your Max Bid now included on View Item
- Always want New items with Free shipping? Set your default “Search Preferences” options in settings
Both eBay for iPhone and eBay for iPad are free apps and are available in the App Store.
My personal favourite version of Angry Birds is Angry Birds Seasons and it has been updated for the Spring. The new update brings 36 all new levels along with all new power ups and portals. The release notes cover all of the changes and updates you get with the release:
Abra-Ca-Bacon! It’s a beautiful spring night, and the bad piggies have learned some magic tricks — and the first one is making the eggs disappear! Not to worry, the Angry Birds have something up their sleeve… like the all new MAGIC
- 36 all new magical levels!
- PORTALS: introducing new gameplay that lets you magically transport within the level!
- New power-up: AllakaBAM – the exploding magic box!
- Brand new topsy-turvy carnival theme filled with clown pigs, magic hats, and plenty of surprises!
Angry Birds Seasons is not a universal app so you if you haven’t purchased it yet, it is .99 Cents for the iPhone version and $1.99 for the iPad HD version. If you have downloaded it, the update is now in the App Store. There are a lot of in-app purchases but fortunately they are not required to solve all the levels.
Apple has released a minor update to their movie editing app iMovie for Mac to address some issues and to improve some functionality. The new version, 9.0.9 for those keeping score at home, addresses an issue where the app would not recognise a video camera connected to your Mac. The release notes do not cover any specific video cameras impacted so it is safe to assume that for a “bug fix” release it was likely several different makes and models.
For iMovie iOS users there is an update in this release for you. The import process from your iPad or iPhone to iMovie on your Mac has been improved with better compatibility between the two platforms. This is good news for those who want to edit on-the-go on your iPhone then do final edits on your Mac.
The release notes also have the usual “stability improvements” which are usually smaller, less impacting issues with the app.
The update is free in the Mac App Store and is available for download now. For those who have not purchased iMovie, the update is included in the latest version you can purchase which is also in the Mac App Store for $14.99. iMovie for iOS is $9.99 and available in the iTunes App Store.
Global Delight today released a major update to their iPhone camera app, Camera Plus Pro. The update has a number of new exciting additions in the photo and video sharing options, instant saving to the device’s default library and user interface changes.
Camera Plus Pro has great photo capture controls and photo editing features to make everyday photos look beautiful and professional. With this new update, Camera Plus Pro users can share their photos to Instagram and Tumblr. The app allows users to share their filtered and creative time-lapse videos on Tumblr.
Camera Plus Pro excels over the stock camera on the iPhone and iPod touch because of its great photo & video shooting
controls like anti-shake for non-blurry photos, countdown timer, touch-to-snap, separate exposure and white balance lock, video zoom and more. These beautiful photos and videos can now be saved directly to Camera Roll, previewed or shared instantly.
The app now sports a new share user interface. The videos can be uploaded at 640×480 (480p) resolution to YouTube, Facebook and Tumblr.
Camera Plus Pro is a simple yet professional quality camera app for shooting, beautifying and sharing great photos & videos on the iPhone and iPod touch. Camera Plus Pro has great photo & video shooting controls, photo editing features, gorgeous collection of photo filters, some unique features like password protection of photos and videos, and time-lapse videos and instant sharing to the popular sites.
Camera Plus Pro 4.6 can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store for just $1.99 (USD), and all the features can be enjoyed on an iPhone 5, 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 5 and iPod touch with camera.
Northrup Consulting Inc., an innovative new mobile web portal developer, is excited today to announce the launch of LifeSaver Web Browser 1.0 onto the App Store. Compatible across all iPad devices, this unique new web browsing solution provides seniors and the special needs community alike with access to a mobile web browser that’s designed to work around their limitations, offering a practical mobile web browsing experience created with their unique needs at the forefront. While the mobile browsing market is saturated with over a thousand different titles, there are only a few browsers dedicated to the senior/special needs community – and none on par with LifeSaver Web Browser.
LifeSaver Web Browser strives for simplicity and an eloquently straightforward web browsing experience in a world of
cluttered, feature frenzied browsers options. The app brings an intuitive browsing platform to the fingertips of users who may need a little extra help to navigate the web without losing the flexibility or functionality needed to make a great experience. LifeSaver Web Browser features vibrant, clearly labeled, and oversized navigation controls and icons to help the visually challenged and larger buttons with increased touch-sensitivity geared to enable those with dexterity issues to utilize the browser effectively. Special features geared to help those with memory impairments are included as well such as ‘how to’ reminders, a ‘LifeSaver’ icon that instantly reminds users what every function in the app is, and an innovative ‘return to home’ setting which reverts users’ browser windows to their home page every time they re-enter the browser.
As focused on the greater good as it is on providing the best mobile web browsing solutions for seniors, LifeSaver Web Browser has elected to donate a percentage of the apps profits to the Alzheimer’s Society in order to bring heightened awareness of the issues and hardships facing seniors today. Luckily, LifeSaver Web Browser is geared to alleviate some of these obstacles – at least on the digital front. Far from a niche platform though, the app is forecasted to become the leading choice for any mobile consumer eager for a simplified browsing platform accessible to those facing memory, dexterity and visual challenges regardless of age as well. The LiveSaver Browser revolution is just beginning too as Window 8 and Android compatible versions of this groundbreaking browsing platform are due to launch in the near future as well.
LifeSaver Web Browser for iPad is .99 Cents in the App Store
Elecont LLC today announces Weather Map HD 1.2 for iOS, an update to their universal app for travelers, weather enthusiasts, fishers and virtually everyone. New version provides useful information for planning beach activities such as swimming or fishing.
Planning a day at the beach or a boating trip? Are you curious about what the water temperature is at your favorite place to
swim? Weather Map HD is the fastest, easiest-to-use, weather application that displays current weather conditions and sea surface temperature directly on the map. Additional information, presented in pop-up window, includes “feels like temperature”, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, local time, sunset/sunrise time and ten-day weather forecast.
* Provides current weather conditions and a weather forecast up to 10 days ahead for cities all over the world
* Provides sea surface temperature based on buoys and satellite maps
* Provides zoom and pan functionality
* Supports Fahrenheit and Celsius
Weather Map HD provides useful information for Fisherman, Divers, Surfers, Sailors, Lifeguards, boaters, and anyone that needs to know the weather and water temperatures near them.
For a limited time, Weather Map HD 1.2 is offered at an introductory one-time fee of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Weather category. There are no subscription fees or hidden costs.
Jeremy Ware, an independent new developer, is excited to announce CoinBook Pro 3.4.7, the price guide for your pocket. CoinBook Pro is a price guide for your U.S. coins. The app is easy to navigate and even provides a guide for grading each coin. No WiFi or internet connection is required to view any prices.
Have a 1982 dime without a mint mark? How about a copper 1943 penny? Check out CoinBook Pro to see if any of the
coins you own are rare! Not only is the app a price guide, it provides melt calculators for all of your silver and gold coins and allows you to save your silver and gold inventory. Have you recently acquired some coins that you cannot identify or grade? No problem – a new feature has been added to allow you to submit pictures of your coins to have them identified and appraised for free.
User feedback has shaped the app into its current design. The precious metal calculator and appraisal features were modeled after user requests. Automatic pricing updates are coming next!
CoinBook Pro currently 50% off for a short time, but hurry – sale is one week only. For a limited time, CoinBook Pro 2.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. CoinBook Pro is a Universal App.