How To Turn Off Parallax in iOS 7 and Save Battery Life
One of the cool eye candy features of iOS 7 is the parallax on the Home screen. This allows you to see around the icons on your Home screen and see more of your wallpaper. It is a really fun and cool feature that gives the impression of depth in iOS 7. But that cool factor comes at a cost, namely your battery life. In this How To we are going to show you how to turn off parallax in iOS 7 so you can save your battery life while on-the-go. This setting is a bit buried in iOS 7 so follow
Start by going into Settings on iOS 7 on your iPhone or iPad then navigate to General then Accessibility (Settings>General>Accessibility). Navigate about midway down the settings sheet and you will see an option for Reduce Motion which is by default off. Tap this to go into the Reduce Motion settings. By enabling this you will reduce the amount of motion on the user interface which includes the parallax effect on icons and alerts. Turn this on and you have turned off parallax.
If you want to re-enable the parallax effect simply reverse these instructions.
The only real benefit of disabling parallax is the saving of battery power but conversely you could argue if you really need parallax in the first place. After all, we’ve been using iOS this long without it! But it is cool, especially if you have a trippy wallpaper to show off the effect.
For more How To’s be sure to check out the AlliOSNews How To page
- Whimmy Music app Links Your Emotions To Your Music
- Ninja Boxing Calculator – New Retro Fighting Calculator game for iOS
- Loan Calculator Loantune for iOS Released
- Episode One Of Abducted For iOS Coming December 19th
- Beautiful Castro Podcast App Released for iPhone
- Desert Chase for iOS Released
- StockWatch App Launches for iOS – Elegant Financial App
- DeskConnect Adds iPad and Mavericks Support
- InstaConcert for iOS: Easy concert photo sharing for Instagram
- ActivePrint for iOS Gets Major Facelift and Update