How To Turn Off Parallax in iOS 7 and Save Battery Life
One of the cool eye candy features of iOS 7 is the parallax on the Home screen. This allows you to see around the icons on your Home screen and see more of your wallpaper. It is a really fun and cool feature that gives the impression of depth in iOS 7. But that cool factor comes at a cost, namely your battery life. In this How To we are going to show you how to turn off parallax in iOS 7 so you can save your battery life while on-the-go. This setting is a bit buried in iOS 7 so follow
Start by going into Settings on iOS 7 on your iPhone or iPad then navigate to General then Accessibility (Settings>General>Accessibility). Navigate about midway down the settings sheet and you will see an option for Reduce Motion which is by default off. Tap this to go into the Reduce Motion settings. By enabling this you will reduce the amount of motion on the user interface which includes the parallax effect on icons and alerts. Turn this on and you have turned off parallax.
If you want to re-enable the parallax effect simply reverse these instructions.
The only real benefit of disabling parallax is the saving of battery power but conversely you could argue if you really need parallax in the first place. After all, we’ve been using iOS this long without it! But it is cool, especially if you have a trippy wallpaper to show off the effect.
For more How To’s be sure to check out the AlliOSNews How To page
- FitPRO: Workout Automator iPhone App
- A New Entertaining Logic Puzzle Stroop Effect! Released for iOS
- Theodolite Augmented Reality Nav App – Spring Sale – 50% Off
- Meqanic – A new kind of Puzzle Game for iOS
- Zombie Virus Survival – Addictive Free New Game for iPhone and iPad
- Dogalize, the First Ever Veterinary Telemedicine and Social Network App
- iBank for iPad now half price through April 10 only
- iOS 7 Adoption Rate at 87% according to Apple
- How To View Open Web Pages on Your iPad From Your iPhone
- Crossword for You Features 60+ Exclusive Theme-Based Puzzles