Instagram Update Allows for Video Sharing From Your Photo Library
Instagram has been updated for iOS that brings a feature I’ve personally wanted to see – sharing videos from your Photo Library.
To this point, when you wanted to share a video on Instagram you had to shoot that video at that moment and from within the Instagram app itself. That meant that any videos I shot prior to video sharing being available on the service or any video I shot using the Camera app on my iPhone is unavailable to upload to my Instagram account.
No longer the case. Instagram 4.1 allows users to share videos they have created with the camera app on their iPhone, not
just those created within the app itself. It is a welcome feature and means that users can shoot a video and post it later when they have better mobile coverage (I live in England. Mobile signal is tricky sometimes) or on WiFi.
If you stick with the Instagram camera there is another new feature which automatically straightens your photos. This straightening is instant and does not require any user intervention. Just snap the photo and Instagram will do the rest.
For those who are Android users, the new update also brings support to Android 4.0.
There is one thing that I still want to see from the Instagram team: iPad UI support! It’s not in this release but I can keep hoping someday it will be.
Instagram 4.1 is available now in the App Store and is a free download. A free account on the service is required as well.
- FitPRO: Workout Automator iPhone App
- A New Entertaining Logic Puzzle Stroop Effect! Released for iOS
- Theodolite Augmented Reality Nav App – Spring Sale – 50% Off
- Zombie Virus Survival – Addictive Free New Game for iPhone and iPad
- Dogalize, the First Ever Veterinary Telemedicine and Social Network App
- iOS 7 Adoption Rate at 87% according to Apple
- How To View Open Web Pages on Your iPad From Your iPhone
- Krashlander – Ski, Jump, Crash! – Major Update to 2D Physics Ski Game
- Minesweeper Puzzle Game Released for iOS
- Create, save and share photo filters with My Camera for iPhone