Tweetbot gets Mandatory Update to Deal with Twitter API Changes
Tapbots has released an important and mandatory update to their iOS Twitter app, Tweetbot. The update, version 2.7.2 for those keeping score, brings the app up to the standards required by the Twitter 1.1 API. Effectively Tweetbot had to update in order to continue to work after 5th March of this year.
The update covers both their iPhone & iPod Touch version of the app as well as the iPad version. These are two separate downloads in the App Store. The updates for the iOS version simply bring the app up to the standard required by the Twitter 1.1 API.
For Tweetbot for Mac users, the updates are a bit more comprehensive. The update, which is available now in the Mac App Store, brings the version up to 1.2 and has a long list of improvements and updates along with the new API
requirements. Here are the highlights of what has chances in the Mac version:
- New options for menubar icon and dock badge. See Notifications in Preferences.
- Enable/disable notifications when a specific user tweets. Control-click on a user you are following and choose ‘Enable/Disable Notifications’ from the context menu.
- Thumbnail support for Vine and Flickr.
- Ability to reorder accounts in account preferences.
- Support for adding .mp4 video to tweets.
- Fixed issue with uploading animated gifs.
- Can now drag .mp4 or images into app icon to create a new tweet.
- Can now open profiles or tweets on twitter.com.
- Clicking on the date label in the status detail will open in your browser.
- If the username/hashtag completion popover appears and you press up arrow when there’s no selection or the top item selected, the popover now goes away. Same when at the bottom.
- Fixed the issue where ‘goto user’ would fail if there was a space before or after the username.
- Fixed the issue where a twitter search url didn’t work as expected in some cases.
- Fixed the issue where if someone faved your tweet it looked like you faved it.
- ‘View in Favstar’ now respects open links in background preference
- Fixed the issue where when creating new tweet, typing something, hitting escape and then clicking somewhere would dismiss the tweet.
- Fixed the issue with changing muted keyword durations.
- Updated to use Twitter’s 1.1 API.
- Updated to meet some of Twitter’s new UI requirements.
Here is the key for AlliOSNews readers: If you are a Tweetbot user on Mac or iOS, you must upgrade to these new releases no later than 5th March or the app will cease to function. This is NOT the fault of Tapbots but rather the changes Twitter has made to their API.
If you are new to Tweetbot I highly recommend it. It is in my opinion the best Twitter app available for Mac and iOS.
- PDF2Office Apps Converts PDFs to Keynote, Excel and Numbers
- Whimmy Music app Links Your Emotions To Your Music
- Ninja Boxing Calculator – New Retro Fighting Calculator game for iOS
- Loan Calculator Loantune for iOS Released
- Episode One Of Abducted For iOS Coming December 19th
- Beautiful Castro Podcast App Released for iPhone
- Desert Chase for iOS Released
- StockWatch App Launches for iOS – Elegant Financial App
- DeskConnect Adds iPad and Mavericks Support
- InstaConcert for iOS: Easy concert photo sharing for Instagram