MyFitnessPal HD Update Brings Updates to Mirror the iPhone Version
MyFitnessPal HD for iPad has received an update today that brings the larger format version of the popular calorie tracking and weight management app on par with its smaller iPhone/iPod Touch version. MyFitnessPal is the app that both I and Tricia (as well as our respective spouses) use for weight management, diet tracking, exercise tracking and everything related to our health. It is the app that has helped me lose nearly 80 pounds over the past three years and keep it off.
The update has an extensive list of improvements and updates, most of which have been in the iPhone version but were not ported over to the HD version until now. Now you get all the latest features from the app as well as getting to use
their fantastic native iPad UI.
- Sign up and log in with Facebook
- Add and invite friends from your Facebook contacts
- Add and invite friends from your iPad Contact List
- Connect to your favorite apps and devices like FitBit, Withings, Endomondo, Runtastic and more through our App Gallery
- Type-ahead food filtering
- Repeat Last Meal
- Default to Multi-Add for diary entries
- Enable passcode lock protection if desired
MyFitnessPal is one of the best apps when it comes to linking to other services or exercise devices. In my case, my daily steps and exercise from my FitBit are automatically synchronised with MyFitnessPal to both track it as well as give me calories back as I burn them. There is a long list of apps that will synchronise with the service, all of which can be found here.
The MyFitnessPal HD app is free but does require a MyFitnessPal account which is also free. Once you have the app installed on your iPad or iPad Mini, you can have it search Facebook for friends to follow and share diet successes.
- Evernote Update Brings Reminders to iOS and Mac
- HeartPhys Released for iPad
- Pocket Informant 3 Released & It’s Better Than Ever
- Hullabu launches James Patterson: Twice in a Blue Moon for iPad
- eBay iOS Apps Get A Serious Makeover
- Angry Birds Seasons Updated With 36 New Levels
- Fitbit Releases Beta of New Dashboard
- New Version of Google Maps Coming to iOS
- Google Hangouts Released for iOS
- SleepBot for iOS Released – Sleep Tracking and Smart Cycle Alarm