Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 to Developers – Fixes Lock Screen Issue
Yesterday Apple released iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 to developers for further testing of what will be the next minor update to their mobile platform. The update addresses a well publicised security flaw that came with the release of 6.1 where users devices can be access by bypassing the lock screen security feature. The release comes just days after 6.1.2 was released to the general public, suggesting that Apple is working fast and furious to address any issues with iOS.
With iOS 6.1.3, Apple has continued to further develop the Maps app for users in Japan, bringing a long list of
improvements to users. These include improved motorway colours, indication of transit buildings (such as rail stations), improved 3D buildings in Tokyo and improved pronunciations to touch on the highlights. The updates in iOS 6.1.3 to Maps for Japan makes senses as a major push for improvement in the app for that country also came with IOS 6.1.
As always the latest beta build of IOS 6.1.3 is available only to developers. There is no indication of when this new build will become generally available but if the last few weeks are any indication, it should not be much longer. AlliOSNews will of course post when it is generally available so you will know to download it via iTunes or Over-The-Air to your iPhone or iPad.
For more information on the Apple Developer network, visit http://developer.apple.com
Thank you to our anonymous developer member for the update!
- SharpScan App Turns Any iPad or iPhone into a Document Scanner
- App Store Annual Holiday Starts December 21st
- Secret Happy Hour App Launches for iOS
- PDF2Office Apps Converts PDFs to Keynote, Excel and Numbers
- Whimmy Music app Links Your Emotions To Your Music
- Ninja Boxing Calculator – New Retro Fighting Calculator game for iOS
- Loan Calculator Loantune for iOS Released
- Episode One Of Abducted For iOS Coming December 19th
- Beautiful Castro Podcast App Released for iPhone
- Desert Chase for iOS Released