Scheduled Do Not Disturb Not Turning Off on Some iOS 6 Devices
There have been some reports via Twitter and a few other Apple centric sites this morning about a bug impacting scheduled Do Not Disturb and the rolling of the calendar to 2013. I can report that I’ve seen the bug on my iPad (3rd Generation) but my Scheduled DND turned off as normal on my iPhone 5.
Take a look at this screen capture I made this morning from my iPad. Note the scheduled DND is still enabled even though the time is past the scheduled end time of 08:00. I had to manually turn of Do Not Disturb instead of it disabling itself automatically as it did throughout 2012.
The interesting thing is that I did not see this problem on my iPhone 5. The Do Not Disturb is set up exactly the same way on it as it is on my iPad and it disabled itself as normal this morning. Others have reported this being a problem on their iPhone 4S and 5 so it doesn’t seem to be isolated to just the iPad. In other words, it could be the worst kind of bug: No method to the madness.
I will update this post as I gather more information or if Apple releases any statement regarding this maybe-or-maybe not bug.
- AlliOSNews » Apple posts ill-timed “Dreams” ad featuring Do Not Disturb
- AlliOSNews » Apple posts article on Do Not Disturb issue with it being fixed on 7 January
- MyFitnessPal App Goes Universal
- Powerful Calculator App CALX Updated for iOS 7
- Notebooks 7 – Redesigned for iOS 7, Cleaner Interface and New Features
- Quick Reaction Required – Circuit-Breaker Game Released for iOS
- Cortado Workplace 7 Productivity App Updated for iOS 7
- Updated 1Writer Markdown Text Editor App Hits the App Store
- Fix and Set Wallpaper App Helps Sort Out Your Wallpaper in iOS 7
- Get Noticed App Makes Tracking Objects or People on Video Easy
- iDraw 2 for iPad Adds Photoshop Import/Export
- Foto Mark It App Brings Old School Travel Stamps to Your iPhone Photos