Localscope 3.1 for iOS is Now Free
On the second anniversary of Localscope, Cynapse makes Localscope a free download on the App Store. Localscope’s unmatched location discovery experience lets users browse local information from diverse services in an amazingly intuitive list view with realtime direction pointers and distance meters, lay them out on the map, or look through the state of the art augmented reality view to spot the results in the real world. The entire Localscope experience is now available to consume geo-tagged information from 5 key services: Google, Facebook Places, Panoramio, YouTube and the Reminders app for free.
The new Localscope Premium provides all additional services from the ever growing list of integrations with diverse geo-information and social media services including Foursquare, Instagram, Wikipedia and more. Localscope premium also provides integration with a large number of paid navigation apps such as Tom Tom, Navigon and others for turn by turn directions. Localscope Premium is available as an in-app purchase at an annual price of US$1.99 or equivalent in other currencies.
“Two years and 22 versions after its initial release, we and many of our users think that local discovery using Localscope has evolved to become one of the best things that one can do using the iPhone. We have decided to make Localscope free as we feel a strong urge to bring this value to every iPhone user in the world and not just the ones who pay us before they experience it.” said Apurva Roy Choudhury, CEO Cynapse. “While Localscope with 5 key integrated services can be now be used for free by anyone in the world with an iOS device, the Localscope Premium paid subscription provides a broader set of local information from a continuously increasing portfolio of integrations with diverse services.”
In appreciation of the support from Localscope users who have paid to download the app prior to v3.1, Cynapse is providing them with an exclusive lifetime Premium subscription. The upgrade will be automatic when users update to v3.1 and the full set of services will continue to be available to them forever.
With v3.1, Localscope also adds integrations with even more navigation apps including the brand new Google Maps app. A complete list of What’s New in v3.1 is available on the App Store.
- FitPRO: Workout Automator iPhone App
- Yahoo! Pushing To Replace Google As Default Search In iOS 8
- A New Entertaining Logic Puzzle Stroop Effect! Released for iOS
- Theodolite Augmented Reality Nav App – Spring Sale – 50% Off
- Zombie Virus Survival – Addictive Free New Game for iPhone and iPad
- Dogalize, the First Ever Veterinary Telemedicine and Social Network App
- iOS 7 Adoption Rate at 87% according to Apple
- How To View Open Web Pages on Your iPad From Your iPhone
- Krashlander – Ski, Jump, Crash! – Major Update to 2D Physics Ski Game
- Minesweeper Puzzle Game Released for iOS