Apple posts ill-timed “Dreams” ad featuring Do Not Disturb
The good news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone 5
The bad news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on a day when it failed for many
Yeah, so chalk this one up to someone not paying attention. Apple released a new advert for the iPhone 5 today featuring Venus and Serena Williams. It’s actually a great ad, one that makes you chuckle a bit, and it highlights how easy it is to use the Do Not Disturb feature. See for yourself
The problem is that many users experienced problems with Do Not Disturb not waking up properly with the calendar rolling over to 2013. The fix is easy: Just turn it off then back on again. But the timing of this advert was not so great on Apple’s part.
In their defence, Apple has not come out with any official statement regarding the Do Not Disturb issues on 1 January 2013 so from there perspective, no problem with iOS or this advert. Still, for many, this was a grown and #facepalm moment.
- Apple Stores go (RED) to Support World AIDS Day
- Apple Sends Apple Store Black Friday Invites
- Apple Finally Releases Apple Store App for iPad
- Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 To Developers
- Support Philippine Typhoon Relief By Donating Via iTunes
- iOS 7.0.4 Released – Fixes FaceTime Issues
- iPad Mini with Retina Display Goes On Sale Online
- Review of The Apple Smart Case for iPad Air
- Apple Updates iTunes for Mac and PC with Equalizer Fixes
- Apple Updates Remote and AirPort Utility App for iOS 7