Apple posts ill-timed “Dreams” ad featuring Do Not Disturb
The good news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone 5
The bad news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on a day when it failed for many
Yeah, so chalk this one up to someone not paying attention. Apple released a new advert for the iPhone 5 today featuring Venus and Serena Williams. It’s actually a great ad, one that makes you chuckle a bit, and it highlights how easy it is to use the Do Not Disturb feature. See for yourself
The problem is that many users experienced problems with Do Not Disturb not waking up properly with the calendar rolling over to 2013. The fix is easy: Just turn it off then back on again. But the timing of this advert was not so great on Apple’s part.
In their defence, Apple has not come out with any official statement regarding the Do Not Disturb issues on 1 January 2013 so from there perspective, no problem with iOS or this advert. Still, for many, this was a grown and #facepalm moment.
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.3 Beta 6 to Developers
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.3 to Developers
- iOS 7 Adoption Rate at 87% according to Apple
- Apple Releases Safari 7.0.3 for Mac
- Apple Releases Updates to iWork Apps for Mac and iOS
- So Long 30 Pin Dock Connector – It’s Been Great
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.2 Beta 5 to Developers
- Apple Releases New iPhone 5s Video on YouTube
- Apple Sales of PCs and Tablets Lead The World in Q4
- Get the 30th Anniversary of the Mac Fonts Here!