Apple posts ill-timed “Dreams” ad featuring Do Not Disturb
The good news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone 5
The bad news: Apple releases a brand new advert highlighting the Do Not Disturb feature on a day when it failed for many
Yeah, so chalk this one up to someone not paying attention. Apple released a new advert for the iPhone 5 today featuring Venus and Serena Williams. It’s actually a great ad, one that makes you chuckle a bit, and it highlights how easy it is to use the Do Not Disturb feature. See for yourself
The problem is that many users experienced problems with Do Not Disturb not waking up properly with the calendar rolling over to 2013. The fix is easy: Just turn it off then back on again. But the timing of this advert was not so great on Apple’s part.
In their defence, Apple has not come out with any official statement regarding the Do Not Disturb issues on 1 January 2013 so from there perspective, no problem with iOS or this advert. Still, for many, this was a grown and #facepalm moment.
- Newest iTunes Moves The App Update Button
- iTunes Update Brings New Mini Player
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.8.4 Beta 7 to Developers
- Apple Updates iMovie for Mac
- Photo Comparison From All iPhone Models
- Apple’s Smartphone Market Share Approaches 40% in U.S.
- How To Filter Your iMessage Alerts
- WWDC 2013 Tickets On Sale 25 April 10:00 AM PST
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.8.4 Beta 4 to Developers
- Apple Seeds Latest Beta of OS X 10.8.4 to Developers