The Daily Reports Microsoft Office for iPad Release Coming Soon [Updated]
The Daily this morning is reporting what many of us have been hoping would be coming: Microsoft Office for iPad!
The report, which includes a screenshot, states that Microsoft has submitted the app to Apple for approval. This is generally the last step before an app becomes available in the App Store. The article goes on to state
A brief hands-on with a working prototype of the software revealed a number of new things. The app’s user interface is similar to the current OneNote app, but it has hints of Metro, the new design language that can be seen in Windows Phone and in the as-yet-released Windows 8 desktop operating system.
There is no word yet on when the Office for iPad app will be available as the approval process can take several weeks. Likewise there is no indication on price either but I would suspect something between $9.99-$14.99 is a safe bet.
Read the full article over at The Daily. And if you haven’t subscribed to The Daily yet, this article is a good reason why you should consider it.
[Update] – This story has taken a few twists and turns today.
Microsoft came out this afternoon stating that Office for iPad was not coming out any time soon and that The Daily was inaccurate in its reporting. This was countered by The Daily stating that not only was the article accurate but that they had actually seen a demo of the application.
As to who is telling the truth, not sure.
- MailDeck Update Brings Exchange Support
- MyFitnessPal App Goes Universal
- Powerful Calculator App CALX Updated for iOS 7
- Notebooks 7 – Redesigned for iOS 7, Cleaner Interface and New Features
- Quick Reaction Required – Circuit-Breaker Game Released for iOS
- Cortado Workplace 7 Productivity App Updated for iOS 7
- Updated 1Writer Markdown Text Editor App Hits the App Store
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.2 Beta 5 to Developers
- Fix and Set Wallpaper App Helps Sort Out Your Wallpaper in iOS 7
- Get Noticed App Makes Tracking Objects or People on Video Easy