iCurrency Plus for iPad – View Currency Rates in the Notification Center
Limited Securities today is proud to announce the release of iCurrency Plus for iPad 1.2.7, an update to their Finance app that allows users to easily track currency values from more than 150 different currencies listed. The update leverages the new technology introduced in iOS 5, Notification Center. Now, users can see currency rates in the Lock Screen or compiled for viewing in the Notification Center. Even with the app closed, or the iPad locked, users can see the latest rates of their selected currency pairs. The app provides real-time updates for both traders and individuals.
Because there are many good reasons to track currency rates besides investing, iCurrency Plus has been designed to provide real-time information for both individuals and investors. Whether users are following a particular currency pair in anticipation of an upcoming trip, getting the best rate possible for this month shipment abroad, or tracking long-term trends as part of portfolio management, the app supplies immediate, authoritative numbers that are easy to access anytime, anywhere.
With the latest update of iCurrency Plus for iPad, users can set up two different types of notifications. Selecting “Show Price in Notification Area” allows users to get up to date information on the currency rate changes in the Notification Center, no matter what the currency rate is. Alternatively, selecting “Performance Notifications” sends recipients notifications about a change of a rate when its performance has decreased or increased more than a pre-defined percentage over a period of time.
* See currency rates in the iOS 5 Notification Center
* Add currency pairs of choice (not only currencies versus the USD)
* See the change in value over a period of time of your choice
* Get notified in the app if this change is larger than a percentage you choose
* The same notification can be sent via push: no other app has this
* See several graphs to check trends: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly; all in one screen
* Convert prices on the spot, quite useful if you are traveling
* More than 150 currencies listed
* Intuitive interface, very easy to use
* Currencies can be added per request on the fly, no need to update the application
Thanks to the new way that iOS 5.0 treats notifications, users can even get the latest rates on the currencies of their choice on the Lock Screen of their devices. The first notification displayed after the phone is locked comes up as a bubble with the notification message. Should the user receive many notifications, they are displayed in a scrolling list on the Lock Screen. In both cases, sliding the icon on the notification from left to right opens the app where additional charts and details can be viewed.
In addition, notifications received while working in another app are displayed at the top of the screen. Users can continue to receive messages as each notification rolls over to display a new one. Recent updates can be accessed directly from the Notification Center by touching the top of the screen and swiping down while using any other app. Chosen rates are displayed, as well as other important notifications.
Finally, iCurrency Plus for iPad includes an integrated Currency Calculator function to instantly convert any amount of one currency into another. Five different colored lights beside each currency pair instantly indicate the status of any notifications. And daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly graphs are all available on the same screen.
“If continual updates and quick access of currencies is important to you, I think you will find no other app on the App Store that provides it as easily and effectively as iCurrency Plus for iPad,” stated Miguel Mateo on behalf of Limited Securities. “I also believe that Apple’s new Notification Center is already changing the way people receive and respond to different events throughout the day.”
* U.S. English, Italian, and Spanish
* iPad or iPad 2
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* Internet connection required
* 4.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iCurrency Plus for iPad 1.2.7 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category. An OS X version of iCurrency Plus is also $1.99 and available on the Mac App Store in the Finance category.
- MyFitnessPal App Goes Universal
- Powerful Calculator App CALX Updated for iOS 7
- Notebooks 7 – Redesigned for iOS 7, Cleaner Interface and New Features
- Quick Reaction Required – Circuit-Breaker Game Released for iOS
- Cortado Workplace 7 Productivity App Updated for iOS 7
- Updated 1Writer Markdown Text Editor App Hits the App Store
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.2 Beta 5 to Developers
- Fix and Set Wallpaper App Helps Sort Out Your Wallpaper in iOS 7
- Get Noticed App Makes Tracking Objects or People on Video Easy
- iDraw 2 for iPad Adds Photoshop Import/Export