UniversalStudios App – Helpful Park Details for More Fun, Less Waiting
Orlando, Florida – Designed for anyone planning a trip to Orlando, Apptasmic today introduces UniversalStudios, its latest travel app giving tourists innovative new tools to maximize their enjoyment at the park, including GPS-enabled maps and ride and restaurant wait times updated in real time. The app features detailed information about Universal Studios (including Universal Studios Orlando, Islands of Adventure, and Universal’s CityWalk).
UniversalStudios also offers a new way to stay connected to favorite restaurants and rides on Facebook. Inside the app, users can post to Facebook without leaving the app, quickly updating friends or family on their vacation.
“Whether you’re planning a trip or in the park now, this is a must have app filled with everything you need to know about Universal Studios,” said Michael Flynn, founder of Apptasmic. “You can have more fun with less waiting in line.”
For visitors who do not want to miss out on the fun of Universal Studios, the app helps people avoid long lines. They can now visit more of their favorite attractions with updated maps of Universal Studios, showing users where they are using GPS.
The app also provides up-to-date ride wait times at a glance. And, it shows current times and locations for characters, parades, and fireworks.
The UniversalStudios app offers detailed descriptions of each ride and show, including if it accepts Fast Pass and height/age requirements. Visitors can find attractions by name, distance, or wait time, and check off their favorites to quickly find them again.
A time-saving feature not offered in other apps is the Universal Studios restaurant list with wait times that are continually updated. To please everyone in the family, visitors can know what a restaurant offers before they go to eat. Users can see the type of cuisine, average price, phone number, and if they accept reservations.
“Want to know what the closest restaurant to you is right now? The UniversalStudios app will tell you or show you on a map – it’s that easy,” said Michael Flynn.
Features of the UniversalStudios app include:
* Helpful “insider” information: Get detailed information on all rides and restaurants in the park
* Real time ride wait times: Users can save time in line by knowing the wait before they go
* Restaurant profiles: Exclusive real time wait times plus helpful descriptions on the best places to eat
* Park maps with current location: The app shows exactly where visitors are using GPS
* Share with friends and family: Users can easily post to Facebook directly from the app, a feature other apps do not have
* Free app updates from a local guide: Apptasmic is the only Theme Park App Company based in Celebration, Florida (Disney Park Planned Community) with the latest updates and information on Universal
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 7.4 MB
Pricing and availability:
UniversalStudios 1.1 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Travel category for $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Celebration, Florida, Apptasmic develops mobile applications to help visitors to some of the world’s most popular theme parks. This unique idea will help the millions of Disney World and Universal Studios visitors by providing them with accurate attraction wait times, ride information, theme park maps, hours of park operation, parade and show times, firework times, and more. Copyright (C) 2011 Apptasmic. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Foursquare App Update Brings A New Look & New Features
- SmartDay App – an Adaptive Organizer Now Available for iOS and Mac
- Pool Adikus Game for iOS Updated
- CALC app for iPhone and iPad now includes Bitcoin currency converter
- Add Holiday Cheer to Your Photos With Christmasfy
- Pocket Informant Pro Updated With Quick Entry for Events
- Angry Birds Seasons Updated For The Holidays
- All Art Authority apps half-price for Black Friday
- Celebrate the Season with 9 iOS Apps for Kids Free for Black Friday
- MacMall 60 Hour Black Friday Sale Underway!