How to Show the Battery Percentage on Your iPhone and iPad
With every generation of iPhone and iPad, Apple has continually improved the battery life of the devices. Just this week, Apple announced the upcoming iPhone 4S (Pre-Order October 7th, Available October 14th) will have 10 hours of 3G talk time. No matter how you measure it, that’s impressive!
Since the early days of iOS, Apple has included a battery indicator in the top right corner of the device display. It gives you at-a-glance a visual indicator of how much “juice” you have left. But did you know there is a way to show not only the battery icon but a percentage of battery life left as well? This is a nice, built-in feature that Apple has provided on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad 2 but it is a little bit tricky to find out how to find the setting. That is the purpose of this How To! I’m going to show you both on an iPhone and an iPad how to find the Battery Percentage setting so you can display it on your device.
To start, go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad and go to the General section. Next, navigate to the Usage section in General settings.
I understand, logically, why Apple put the Battery Percentage indicator under Usage. It is, technically speaking, a percentage of the usage of battery that you have done since your last charge. But to me – and based on friends, family and those of you who have emailed me – it seems out of place. It almost seems like it should be just under the General settings. But regardless, this is where Apple has put it and now you know exactly where it lives!
Once in the Usage section, you will see a slider for Battery Percentage. Slide it to On and you will see the percentage of battery you have left displayed next to the battery icon.
To get out of Settings simply tap the Home button.
Turning the Battery Percentage indicator on is a great way to quickly keep track of how much battery life you have left on your iOS device.
- MyFitnessPal App Goes Universal
- Powerful Calculator App CALX Updated for iOS 7
- Notebooks 7 – Redesigned for iOS 7, Cleaner Interface and New Features
- Quick Reaction Required – Circuit-Breaker Game Released for iOS
- Cortado Workplace 7 Productivity App Updated for iOS 7
- Updated 1Writer Markdown Text Editor App Hits the App Store
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.2 Beta 5 to Developers
- Fix and Set Wallpaper App Helps Sort Out Your Wallpaper in iOS 7
- Get Noticed App Makes Tracking Objects or People on Video Easy
- iDraw 2 for iPad Adds Photoshop Import/Export