How To Disable multiple pictures when using HDR
One of the great features of the iPhone 4 is HDR, High Dynamic Range, pictures. This process is done by combining three images – one slightly over exposed, one normal and one slightly under exposed – to provide you stunningly deep color and detail digital photographs. Apple has set itself apart with this feature from any other platform as the image quality is nothing short of impressive.
One thing the iPhone 4 does by default is save the normal image of the photo you took along with the HDR image. There are times where the normal photo, for various reasons, has more eye appeal and you may want to keep it instead. But the majority of the time you will want the HDR image and the normal photo is simply taking up space. Turning this function off is quick and simple and takes you less than a minute.
First you need to go into Settings on your iPhone 4 then to Photos. At the bottom of the page you will see the HDR section and have a slider control to enable saving the normal photo or not. Slid it to off and only the HDR image will be saved.
That’s it! Quick, simple and now you just saved yourself a little bit of storage on your iPhone 4 when you are out shooting photos.
Another quick tip: If you are having a difficult time determining which photo is a regular image and one is an HDR, you can see that when you are in the Photo app viewing your pictures. Look at this first image and pay attention to the top area under the Camera Roll button.
Now look at this second image. Note that just below the Camera Roll button is a “HDR” tag. This lets you know it is an HDR image.
If you are unsure if you need to keep normal photo saving enabled then I recommend leaving it on and trying it out a while. Yes it takes up storage but it will give you a bit of piece of mind. If you know you won’t need it, turn it off and enjoy all the HDR goodness!
- MyFitnessPal App Goes Universal
- Powerful Calculator App CALX Updated for iOS 7
- Notebooks 7 – Redesigned for iOS 7, Cleaner Interface and New Features
- Quick Reaction Required – Circuit-Breaker Game Released for iOS
- Cortado Workplace 7 Productivity App Updated for iOS 7
- Updated 1Writer Markdown Text Editor App Hits the App Store
- Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.2 Beta 5 to Developers
- Fix and Set Wallpaper App Helps Sort Out Your Wallpaper in iOS 7
- Get Noticed App Makes Tracking Objects or People on Video Easy
- Foto Mark It App Brings Old School Travel Stamps to Your iPhone Photos